TOP 10 THINGS TO DO FOR ARMENIA DURING TIME OF WAR AND PEACE
Posted on July. 18. 2020
BY APPO JABARIAN Executive Publisher / Managing Editor USA Armenian Life Magazine (English-language print edition) USA Armenian Life E-Newsletter (Electronic Distribution — e-blast) Hye Kiank Armenian Weekly (Armenian-language print edition) USA Armenian LifeFACEBOOK www.armenianlif.com
“To serve Armenia is to serve civilization,” said William Ewart Gladstone. It is a known fact that the moving connection between Armenia and one of Great Britain’s greatest Prime Ministers, and how Gladstone’s last public address was in support of the Armenian victims of the Hamidian Massacres of 1894–1896 in Turkey. Now the same Turkic Azerbaijan from the East and Turkey from the West are threatening to annihilate Armenia. Armenia needs our support.
Under the current very difficult situation it is very important for all Armenians, irrespective of their political differences and associations should stand in full support of the Government and people of Armenia.
The below list is the compilation of several conversations and consultations with various concerned Diaspora Armenians to identify the top 10 most important things to do for Armenia.
Each and every one of us is encouraged to achieve one or more task(s) in support of the twin republics of Armenia and Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh).
1) PROVIDE HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE to Border Village Communities; Help a) Rebuild damaged homes; b) Build civilian safety/bomb shelter for vulnerable families and families of soldiers; c) Establish sustainable border village economies through income-generating construction projects such as bed-and-breakfast room additions; d) Construct income-generating greenhouses for border villagers;
2) INVEST in Armenian Economy “rain or shine”
4) ADVOCACY: a) Counter the Azerbaijani anti-Armenia propaganda and disinformation in international and social media; b) Alert your governments, local legislators and politicians and seek their support of Armenia and strong condemnation of Azerbaijani Aggression, and urge them to c) Secure official Humanitarian Assistance; d) Pass Legislation(s) to ensure military parity; e) Pass Legislation(s) prohibiting military hardware sales to Azerbaijan;
5) MEDIA ALERT AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Contact your local, regional and national mainstream media outlets to a) Brief them on Azerbaijani aggression; b) Write a letter to the editor condemning the Azerbaijani aggression; c) Write Op-Ed pieces; d) Speaking Engagements/Outreach to the mainstream community through faith-based and community-based organizations to articulate Armenia’s rights to exist in the face of Turkey’s and Azerbaijan’s genocidal aggression against Armenia.
6) Provide Financial assistance to worthy humanitarian projects managed by trustworthy organizations that function under shield of transparency and accountability;
7) SUPPORT ARMENIAN EXPORTS while simultaneously SUPPORTING WORLDWIDE BOYCOTT OF TURKISH AND AZERBAIJANI PRODUCTS;
8) FOSTER TOURISM and PILGRIMAGE TO ARMENIA: Spend your summer vacation or goon a wartime and peacetime pilgrimage to Armenia and Artsakh;
9) VOLUNTARISM: Volunteer in Civil Defense Projects in any capacity you can;
10) SUPPORT EDUCATION: Sponsor an Armenian child‘s education in Armenia’s economically impoverished families. Please feel free to share your feedback to make this list better.